Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Update on the Dump Situation

I had a follow-up meeting with Martha and the pastor of the Assembly of God church, concerning the people who live along the road and who go to look for things at the dump. We found out there are 38 families including over 60 children in this group. I was provided with a list of the families, including the names and ages of the children. On Sundays, when the children meet, they have approximately 150 children, including the above 60. They are always fed a heavy snack after Sunday School.

Asked if they provided any food during Monday and Friday evening services, they said ‘No.’, but were considering starting a feeding program. I asked what the cost would be to start such a program at those two gatherings. They will have an estimate for me before we leave. Martha, Arturo, and I plan to attend the service next Friday.

God continues to work.

George

No comments: